Preparedness Advice Blog
- 2 Safety tips for your kids: The sound of gunfire & concealment vs. cover
- Sprouting new garden plants from seeds: tips from an old pro
- How to build a practical, affordable prepper library
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these February bargains
- 9 Must-Haves for your Glove Box
- 4 Simple but Clever Ways to Keep Cooking Oil Fresh Longer
Tag Archives: rosemary
My wife uses Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) as a spice when cooking. She uses it in fruit and green salads, marinades, sauces, pork and beef roasts, and many vegetables. A friend of ours grows it and my wife takes the fresh rosemary and grinds it up for use. It adds a good flavor to a lot of dishes.
It is also used for its fragrance in soaps and other cosmetics. In the past, rosemary was used medicinally to improve memory, relieve muscle pain and spasm, stimulate hair growth, and support the circulatory and nervous systems. It is also believed to increase menstrual flow, act as an abortifacient (causing miscarriage), increase urine flow, and treat indigestion.…Read More...