Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: Sam Andy
Yesterday, I was given a can of powdered milk that was produced by Sam Andy about 30 years ago. Being interested in long-term storage foods, I had to open it and do a taste test. Now, Sam Andy is a company that’s been around for a long time. I first encountered them in the late 1960’s. Since then, they seem to come and go.
The can I was given had no damage and appeared to be in good condition. It was labeled United Commodities International with the words Sam Andy underneath. When I went to open the can, I noticed it was made of a much heavier gauge metal than I currently encounter.…Read More...
Today I am putting up the post after returning from the garage sales. Not to bad a day I found a small electric square food dehydrator, a hand crank sausage stuffer and grinder, a pair of forceps and some canning jars for a total of $9.25. Not bad. Now I don’t need the dehydrator but I have friends who do, so this will be passed along.
One of the advantages of having prepped for as long as I have, is that you have friends and family who have also been involved for many years. This last week a friend gave me a case of old San Andy whole wheat flour to check. …Read More...