Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: sausage
This is a recipe that will come in handy when things are tough. Since we will be trying to use everything we have and not waste anything.
The following is a recipe that I found in an old cookbook from the 1800’s and I hope that you will try it next time you butcher that hog. If you have ever made sausage you know that there are many leftover parts.
“Scrapple is generally made from the head, feet and any pieces which may be left after having made sausage meat.
Scrape and wash well all pieces designed for the scrapple, put them in a pot with just as much water as will cover them.…Read More...
It seems like almost everytime I go to a garage sale I see an old-fashioned meat grinder for sale. You know one of those hand crank ones for making your own hamburger. I have one stuffed away somewhere in our pile of odds and ends. In the past, I have not really considered them of any great value. I figured I could get by without any hamburger.
However, I have been studying different ways to preserve meats without refrigeration. I am amazed at the wide variety of sausages that were used. They made them out of almost any type of meat, beef, pork, chicken, lamb, venison and other wild game. …Read More...