Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: saving seeds
As summer begins rolling into autumn, it’s time to get busy saving seeds from your summer harvest. Remember that HEAT and MOISTURE are the enemies to seed viability after storage. In other words, just the things that make a seed germinate when planted are the things that will kill them during storage and prevent germination later when planted. Even if the poorly stored seeds germinate, they may produce weak, spindly plants that do not produce fruit or vegetables. You may get carrot sprouts but never any root bigger than a thread even after months of growing.Read More...