Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Tag Archives: scams
The other day I received a phone call from someone claiming to be from the IRS, warning me that the IRS was about to file a lawsuit against me for back taxes, and of course, they wanted money. Two things immediately clicked in my head. First, I knew that the IRS would not contact anyone in this manner. They always contact by mail or they show up at your door. Second, I knew that my taxes were paid. So I laughed at the caller, hung up, and reported their phone number to the authorities. This got me to thinking about various scams that I see being spread around the internet aimed at preppers.…Read More...
Lately I have been seeing a large amount of questionable information showing up on the web. Due to the increasing interest in preparedness, many new businesses have entered the field. As with anything, some are good and some bad. When I am evaluating a business, there are several things that I always look for.
How long have they been in business? Time can often be a good indicator, bad business and scams often fail. For instance Mountain House, they have been there for about 50 years and are still standing strong.
What is there overall reputation? Be careful on this one and make sure you are not judging by the amount of money they spend on advertizing. …Read More...