Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: scrapple
This is a recipe that will come in handy when things are tough. Since we will be trying to use everything we have and not waste anything.
The following is a recipe that I found in an old cookbook from the 1800’s and I hope that you will try it next time you butcher that hog. If you have ever made sausage you know that there are many leftover parts.
“Scrapple is generally made from the head, feet and any pieces which may be left after having made sausage meat.
Scrape and wash well all pieces designed for the scrapple, put them in a pot with just as much water as will cover them.…Read More...