Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Tag Archives: scrounging
My wife is a scrounge she finds free foods all over the place. I think she knows where every fruit tree within 10 miles is located and who owns it (slight exaggeration). However, she does have a whole network of friends who give her fruits and vegetables all the time and she happily preserves them. A lot of them are people she has met through church, who have similar interests.
They watch for food growing in people’s yards that are not picked and will stop by and talk to them. Often the people are either busy or older and are happy to have someone gather their fruit for a share.…Read More...