Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: sealed lead acid batteries
In my preps I have some sealed lead acid batteries, both 100 amp gel cells and some 7.5 amp batteries made into 12-volt battery packs. See my old post A Simple 12 Volt Battery Pack., each pack contains two 7.5 amp 12 volt batteries. These can be charged from the electric system in your home, vechicle or by solar panels. See A Simple Way to Charge Your Homemade 12 Volt Battery Packs.
Several times a year I get the batteries out and check everything and make sure they are fully charged. Sealed lead acid batteries are a good choice for many uses; they are rugged, will not leak, easily rechargeable, and offers a good amount of energy in a convenient form. …Read More...