Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: sealing food
This post is a rerun of one I did in 2012. There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about the best method for sealing food in five gallon buckets. First be sure your buckets are food grade, second make sure that your oxygen absorbers are fresh and have not been exposed to air. You can purchase oxygen absorbers from Winco, the Mormon Church or from various places on the web like Disaster Stuff or Emergency Essentials. For sealing food in five gallon buckets I use one of the 2000 cc absorbers or 5 of the 300cc. The following post tells you how to seal the buckets.…Read More...