Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: seasonal allergies
Spring is upon us and so are seasonal allergies. Now I have bad allergies and over the years have spent some miserable springs and falls. Now much of what I do to mitigate them goes out the window when the system fails. I can no longer hide in an air-conditioned house and most medications will be in short supply. So what is the solution?
Tips to help deal with seasonal allergies
- Stock pile medications, while you have a chance. My doctor gives me refills for 12 months a year. My allergies only act up for about 6 months a year. So every year I stock up some extra meds.
Every year about this time, I suffer from seasonal allergies. Now mine get bad enough to turn into seasonal asthma. This means that I have to take some form of medication to keep it from getting bad. Now what about after TEOTWAWKI?
Having suffered from this for years, I have tried all different ways to control my allergies. I have tried everything from herbs to modern medications, and have found a few things that really help.
First, there are several things that you can do to control seasonal allergies that do not require herbs or medications.
- Stay out of the pollen as much as possible.