Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: seasonal allergies
Spring is upon us and so are seasonal allergies. Now I have bad allergies and over the years have spent some miserable springs and falls. Now much of what I do to mitigate them goes out the window when the system fails. I can no longer hide in an air-conditioned house and most medications will be in short supply. So what is the solution?
Tips to help deal with seasonal allergies
- Stock pile medications, while you have a chance. My doctor gives me refills for 12 months a year. My allergies only act up for about 6 months a year. So every year I stock up some extra meds.
Every year about this time, I suffer from seasonal allergies. Now mine get bad enough to turn into seasonal asthma. This means that I have to take some form of medication to keep it from getting bad. Now what about after TEOTWAWKI?
Having suffered from this for years, I have tried all different ways to control my allergies. I have tried everything from herbs to modern medications, and have found a few things that really help.
First, there are several things that you can do to control seasonal allergies that do not require herbs or medications.
- Stay out of the pollen as much as possible.