Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: seven – ten rule
Assume that a one Megaton Bomb blast occurs and you are sheltered or far enough away to survive the blast. If fallout of one thousand Rads arrives at your location 1 hour after the blast, you have to be sheltered. A four hundred and fifty Rad accumulative dose can kill you, so one-half hour of unsheltered exposure can be fatal. If you have shelter and are using the seven – ten rule you will know that after seven hours the outside rate will drop to 100 Rads per hour. …Read More...