Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: sewer backups
The other day we put up a post on the problems of sewer backups that can be caused by a major disaster or flooding. Remember that after a major disaster or disruption of services that many of the flood control systems may cease to function. This includes pumping stations and even dam failures.
The following is information that may help you cleanup if you are affected by either flooding or sewer backups.
Cleanup of Internal Areas after a sewer backup or flood
Once the floodwaters have receded and the property can be accessed safely you should begin cleanup. The most important steps are to restore the environment to a dry state and salvage any valuable property. …Read More...