Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: shammy
Chamois leather commonly known as a “Shammy” is a type of porous leather that has almost no abrasive properties, and can be used as a absorbent drying material for almost any surface.
Now I am talking about a real shammy made of chamois leather not one of the new synthetic imitation. The shammy has several uses, it can be used to collect water or collect dew in a survival situation. Just wipe the wet areas and squeeze the water out into a container. It also can make a good towel, because of the amount of liquid it will absorb. But probably the best use of a shammy is to filter fuels.…Read More...
Get a real shammy made of chamois leather not one of the new synthetic imitations. First, a shammy can be used to collect water or dew off plants in a survival situation. But probably the best use of a shammy is to filter gasoline. It is a good expedient fuel/water separator.
It has been used by pilots and boaters for many years to filter water out of gasoline. When a shammy is soaked with clean gasoline, it will not allow water to pass through its surface fibers. Take a large funnel and drape the shammy inside it to form a bowl. …Read More...