Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: shammy
Chamois leather commonly known as a “Shammy” is a type of porous leather that has almost no abrasive properties, and can be used as a absorbent drying material for almost any surface.
Now I am talking about a real shammy made of chamois leather not one of the new synthetic imitation. The shammy has several uses, it can be used to collect water or collect dew in a survival situation. Just wipe the wet areas and squeeze the water out into a container. It also can make a good towel, because of the amount of liquid it will absorb. But probably the best use of a shammy is to filter fuels.…Read More...
Get a real shammy made of chamois leather not one of the new synthetic imitations. First, a shammy can be used to collect water or dew off plants in a survival situation. But probably the best use of a shammy is to filter gasoline. It is a good expedient fuel/water separator.
It has been used by pilots and boaters for many years to filter water out of gasoline. When a shammy is soaked with clean gasoline, it will not allow water to pass through its surface fibers. Take a large funnel and drape the shammy inside it to form a bowl. …Read More...