Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- The Simple Way To Make Bug Out Bags on a Budget
Tag Archives: sheltering in place
I believe that for many of us sheltering in place, or bugging, in will be the best choice if everything hits the fan, such as a major pandemic as depicted in this book. The only way I will leave my property is when it becomes more dangerous to stay than to leave. Becoming a refugee isn’t an attractive option.
Now, that doesn’t mean that I won’t have a plan B for leaving, but if possible, I plan on bugging in. I know this area well, I have family and friends close by that will help, and it would be hard to duplicate what I have here in a second location.…Read More...
With all the talk about sheltering in place going round I want to offer a few suggestion in case you have too. The need to shelter in place could be caused by everything from pandemics to economic collapse. The other day I posted a blog with some outside games that kids could play without any special equipment.
I noticed that some of the people who had to shelter in place because of being quarantined for Ebola were complaining about the hardship bugging in caused. Now these were people who had access to TV, computers, other electronic toys and phones. The government was even making sure that they had food. …Read More...