Preparedness Advice Blog
- 2 Safety tips for your kids: The sound of gunfire & concealment vs. cover
- Sprouting new garden plants from seeds: tips from an old pro
- How to build a practical, affordable prepper library
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these February bargains
- 9 Must-Haves for your Glove Box
- 4 Simple but Clever Ways to Keep Cooking Oil Fresh Longer
Tag Archives: siphoning
The other day I received this e-mail on siphoning gas from cars:
… Read More...
“While doing some maintenance work on my gasoline powered electrical generator, the thought struck me that back in the old days, and in case of an emergency, one could always siphon gasoline out of their car’s gasoline tank and use it to run things like generators. However, that seems to be not the case nowadays. I tried inserting a conventional siphon hose into my tank but it “bottomed-out” on some obstruction before it touched any gasoline. I looked under the hood of my car (2001 Toyota Highlander) for a place where I could tie into my fuel line.