Preparedness Advice Blog
Tag Archives: smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
First, let me explain a little about my background. I have served in both the fire service and law enforcement and am retired from them. During my working life I have seen people die from lack of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
During cold periods I have helped carry out the bodies of people who died as a result of improvised heating systems. Some died from carbon monoxide poisoning and some from smoke inhalation or burns. The majority of these people could have survived if they had had a smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
During a TEOTWAWKI situation, many of us plan to bug in and depending on the time of year may be forced to use improvised heating systems. …Read More...