Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: smoking meats
Whether you are smoking or drying large quantities of fish from a fish wheel or the meat from a large animal, like a moose, elk or cow, or a couple of rabbits the method is the same. It is just a matter of scale. In Alaska, they often dry and smoke meat and fish in large quantities. A good source of information on this is Village Science. They explain how the native Americans in the small villages smoke and dry their food.
First understand that smoking and drying fish and meat does not have to be very complicated. The following information comes from the US Army Survival Manual and it works
“To smoke meat, prepare an enclosure around a fire (Figure 8-27). …Read More...