Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: smoking
Preserving food is an art that is as old as mankind. In the last 150 years since the advent of canning, many new methods of preserving foods have been developed. Today we have many choices that were not available to our ancestors.
Today I want to talk about the various methods that are available for preserving meat and fish. I have broken down the various methods into six different categories.
Freezing of fish and meat. If you live in the right climate, you may be able to use nature to freeze your food in the winter. Other than using nature, freezing requires the use of electricity. …Read More...