Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: solar cooker
The sun is shining beautifully and the temperature is in the low to mid 50s. The weather is perfect for winter solar cooking. This is a good time of the year to get out and practice. After having played with solar cookers of many different types over the years I have finally decided which I like the best. First let me start by saying that most solar cookers work and will produce a decent meal. However, some are much better than others.
Now it may surprise you to know that I have decided on three different types of solar cookers. All three have different cooking characteristics, but together they give you the capability to cook just about anything as long as the sun is out.…Read More...
Solar ovens are great, as long as the sun is shining brightly they compare well to your oven. But what about when you want to fry eggs or use the stove top. There is another type of solar cooker that acts very much like the burners on the top of your stove. That is the parabolic reflector.
It is a parabolic dish that concentrates light on a specific location. This will heat a pan up quickly and allow you to fry foods. It has some definite advantages and some downsides. The advantages include the following.
- It is very quick to heat up.