Preparedness Advice Blog
- How to survive a boil notice
- 2 Safety tips for your kids: The sound of gunfire & concealment vs. cover
- Sprouting new garden plants from seeds: tips from an old pro
- How to build a practical, affordable prepper library
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these February bargains
- 9 Must-Haves for your Glove Box
Tag Archives: solar cooker
The sun is shining beautifully and the temperature is in the low to mid 50s. The weather is perfect for winter solar cooking. This is a good time of the year to get out and practice. After having played with solar cookers of many different types over the years I have finally decided which I like the best. First let me start by saying that most solar cookers work and will produce a decent meal. However, some are much better than others.
Now it may surprise you to know that I have decided on three different types of solar cookers. …Read More...
Solar ovens are great, as long as the sun is shining brightly they compare well to your oven. But what about when you want to fry eggs or use the stove top. There is another type of solar cooker that acts very much like the burners on the top of your stove. That is the parabolic reflector.
It is a parabolic dish that concentrates light on a specific location. This will heat a pan up quickly and allow you to fry foods. It has some definite advantages and some downsides. The advantages include the following.…Read More...