Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: solar system
Yesterday I put up a blog on using a Kill A Watt to determine your power usage. Kill A Watt can determine the Size of a Generator/Solar System Now I know that many of you want to use this information to figure out how big a solar system or generator you need to run your necessary appliances.
A while back I ran a post on How Many Solar Panels and Batteries, For Your Off Power Grid System. This morning I received a comment asking how to calculate the size solar system you need from the information gathered by the Kill A Watt.…Read More...
Yesterday one of our readers sent in pictures of a solar system he built using two 180-watt solar panels. This should produce a maximum of a 108 amp hours of power on a good sunny day. You can see that he is using three deep cycle marine batteries. There is a controller located between the panels and the batteries.
The inverter is a 2000-watt unit that you can purchase from stores like Harbor Freight and Tools.
With this cart, he can move it around the yard to take advantage of the sun. You will notice that he has left room for additional batteries to be added in the future. …Read More...