Preparedness Advice Blog
- How to survive a boil notice
- 2 Safety tips for your kids: The sound of gunfire & concealment vs. cover
- Sprouting new garden plants from seeds: tips from an old pro
- How to build a practical, affordable prepper library
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these February bargains
- 9 Must-Haves for your Glove Box
Tag Archives: solavore
We have been practicing solar cooking for a while now and have a few tips to share with you. I’ve used four different types of solar ovens, and each one has its own characteristics. The four different types are the All American Sun Oven, the Gosun Solar Cooker, the Solavore, and a homemade parabolic reflector. I’d like to give the pros and cons of each oven and then share tips I’ve learned from using this method of cooking over the years.
The first one I will talk about is the All American Sun Oven, this is the more traditional box oven and it works very similar to the oven in your kitchen range.…Read More...
Every year about this time, a group of us get togeather for a solar cook-off. We all bring our solar ovens to someplace like a local park, along with any other means of alternate cooking we feel like. Most of the day is then spent cooking and experimenting with various ideas. At the end of the day we have a big meal and get to evaluate how each oven performed.Read More...