Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: sour dough
You are getting ready to make a few loafs of bread from your freshly ground wheat and you grab your yeast and see it is a few years old what do you do? You don’t want to waste the food by using bad yeast. It is simple you proof the yeast by mixing a small quantity of yeast with an equal amount of sugar. Add the mixture to warm water (105-115 degrees). Active yeast will begin to expand and become bubbly within five to ten minutes. If this reaction takes longer, you can still use the yeast, but you will need to use more than normal. …Read More...