Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: split peas
I noticed that we have not discussed split peas much in the past. I don’t know why, split pea soup is one of my favorites. They are easy to store and will last for a good 20 years.
Man has been eating dried peas since prehistoric times with fossilized remains being found at archeological sites in Swiss lake villages. Peas are mentioned in the Bible and were prized by the ancient civilizations of Egypt, Greece and Rome.
Split peas are produced by harvesting the peapods when they are fully mature and then drying them. Once they are dried and the skins removed, the peas split naturally.…Read More...