Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- The Simple Way To Make Bug Out Bags on a Budget
Tag Archives: sprouting
Here are some helpful hints on food storage that may help some new preppers and hopefully some seasoned ones. We all need to learn how to make our food not only look good but it needs to be appetizing. Try and keep your food storage as close to what you normally eat as possible. This will help you rotate your foods and be easier on your family when they have to live off of the food storage.
Helpful Hints on Food Storage
- Store the best quality foods you can afford. Thrive Life is one brand that has never disappointed in its quality.
We tried to sprout 35-year-old wheat last week, which you may know was a bust. It had a few sprouts growing but did not look like they would taste good. So we decide to try some fresh alfalfa seeds. What a difference they were, it’s amazing what a difference fresh seeds make. Our next batch will be mung beans.
Alfalfa is really a member of the pea family, making it a legume. Alfalfa sprouts are the only plant that supplies all the necessary vitamins, from vitamins A, B complex (even B12), C, E, to K.
If you place Alfalfa sprouts in light for a few days before harvesting, it even produces nutritious blood healing chlorophyll. …Read More...