Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: starting fires
Yesterday I was out walking in the woods. One thing I always watch for is sources of pitch or resin. The best sources are usually pine or other types of evergreens that have been damage or died. When a tree is damaged, it uses pitch to heal itself. This morning I was quite lucky I came across a big old pine that had lost some branches. The branches were surprisingly dry and had a lot of expose pitch. It had rained only the day before quite hard.
I gathered up some of the branches and took them home to experiment with. …Read More...