Preparedness Advice Blog
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Whole Foods
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Harbor Freight
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Sally Beauty Supply
- All About Hurricane Florence Survival
- An Off-Grid Laundry Solution: The Lavario Portable Clothes Washer
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Tractor Supply Company
Tag Archives: stay cool
The other day we had lunch in Grass Valley in a building that was constructed in the 1860’s. Now, it was a fairly hot day, but the building was cool even with the windows open and no air conditioning. This got me to thinking about what people did to stay cool in hot weather in the past. After all, air conditioning has only been available to most people for the last 50 years or so.
I have spent some time in Arizona and Nevada, and one thing that I have noticed is that many of the newer homes and other buildings are so dependent on air conditioning you would have to break the windows to get outside ventilation.…Read More...