Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
Tag Archives: stored foods
Cooking with your stored foods is different from your everyday cooking. It will take more time and effort. You will probably be handicapped by not having your normal cooking stove. Your available ingredients will probably be limited.
We all have favorite recipes many of which will be hard to use when you are cooking with your stored foods. But with a bit of preplanning you may be able to modify some of these recipes so that they still work. Here is a chart that was published by Brigham Young University showing some possible substitutions.
All dried fruits and vegetables are generally hydrated in double the amount of water.…Read More...