Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: stored foods
Cooking with your stored foods is different from your everyday cooking. It will take more time and effort. You will probably be handicapped by not having your normal cooking stove. Your available ingredients will probably be limited.
We all have favorite recipes many of which will be hard to use when you are cooking with your stored foods. But with a bit of preplanning you may be able to modify some of these recipes so that they still work. Here is a chart that was published by Brigham Young University showing some possible substitutions.
All dried fruits and vegetables are generally hydrated in double the amount of water.…Read More...