Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: stored foods
Cooking with your stored foods is different from your everyday cooking. It will take more time and effort. You will probably be handicapped by not having your normal cooking stove. Your available ingredients will probably be limited.
We all have favorite recipes many of which will be hard to use when you are cooking with your stored foods. But with a bit of preplanning you may be able to modify some of these recipes so that they still work. Here is a chart that was published by Brigham Young University showing some possible substitutions.
All dried fruits and vegetables are generally hydrated in double the amount of water.…Read More...