Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: storing/legumes grains
I am a strong believer in food storage and have been for well over 40 years. One thing that I have learned during that time is that you always seem to keep food longer than you originally planned. This can occur for several reasons. You fail to properly rotate your food because of outside distractions or you are just too busy with life. This especially applies to storing grains, legumes, which are normally packaged for long-term storage and may not be something we use everyday.
Therefore, I want them to have the most possible nutrition when I open them. Lately I have seen blogs that advocate just storing your grains in plastic barrels or buckets and saving money by not using Mylar bags and oxygen absorbers. …Read More...