Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: Sumac
The rash caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and sumac is an allergic reaction. Around 15% to 30% of people have no allergic response, but most if not all will become sensitized over time with repeated or more concentrated exposure.
A simple way to minimize your chances of get a reaction is to wash with Fels Naptha soap after exposure. It can be found in the laundry section of most grocery stores. It’s inexpensive and can stop or minimize reactions from such plants as poison ivy, poison oaks and sumac.
Fels Naptha has been used for over 100 years for the treatment and prevention of poison ivy, sumac and poison oak rash. …Read More...