Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: teeth
Yesterday I was having supper with two of my grandchildren when I got to noticing the braces on their teeth. That brought up the question of what to do about braces in a long-term emergency. At what point do you remove them and how?
After a bit of research I found out the following. I couldn’t find a good answer as to when to take them off. I have looked on the internet and have found some you tubes showing how to remove braces. This one seems to be about the best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv4a2XO1QLI.
It looks like it is fairly easy to remove braces, if they are of this type.…Read More...
Dental hygiene is important to your overall health. In addition to the pain of a toothache or sore gums, oral infections can be detrimental to your overall health. Recently, medical science has recognized that oral infection, especially periodontitis, can have an adverse affect on the course ofa number of systemic diseases such as the following.
- Cardiovascular Disease (Heart attack and Stroke)
- Bacterial Pneumonia
- Low Birth Weight/Extreme High Birth Weight
- Diabetes complications
One of the best steps you can take to protect yourself from dental problems in an emergency situation is prevention. Brush and floss your teeth twice a day. Stock up on toothbrushes, dental floss, toothpaste and any other dental hygiene items that you use.…Read More...