Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: totes
The 275-gallon food grade totes are great for long-term water storage and building rain catchment systems. They normally can be purchased relatively inexpensively. The one problem with them is that that can come with different types of threads on the valve and spout that is located at the bottom of the tank.
During the last couple of years, I have helped distribute a number of these totes to friends near where I live. The built in valve on the tanks are plastic and while I have not had any fail, I don’t entirely trust them for daily use. Adding a hose bib gives you additional protection against losing your water from a leak.…Read More...