Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: vacuum sealing
Occasional we taste test various freeze dried and dehydrated foods. Since many of them come in #10 cans and there are only two of us, we end up with left overs. If you leave them in the can with a plastic lid in place they will last for several months. But some things we may want to keep longer, so my wife has been experimenting with different ways of preserving the left overs.
One of the things that she has been doing is to assemble them into meals in a jar. These can be given to others to try or just use when you want a quick meal. …Read More...
My wife collects FoodSavers. Not really, she only has three of them and she uses them all the time. She vacuums seals all kinds of foods and spices in mason jars. This is the second video she has made on them. It shows a smaller less expensive version of the FoodSaver that is designed to seal jars and some plastic bags called a Mealsaver. My wife likes it for sealing jars, because it takes less room on her counter. The following is a video she made showing how to use it and a trick she learned for sealing fine powders like spices.…Read More...