Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: vegetables
Gardening is a great way to supplement your food storage. In a post-TEOTWAWKI world, though, there’s the possible problem that your neighbors or other people may see it. That could pose a real danger. Hidden gardens are the solution. Gardens are not as hard to hide as you may think, and if you’re wondering how that could be possible, the author of this book spells out in detail how anyone can grow their own hidden garden. One easy advantage that we all have is that in today’s world, most people have no idea what many edible plants look like.
The first idea that most people come up with is to hide their garden behind a tall fence and a locked gate.…Read More...
This morning I ran across an article that states that ½ of all the produce grown in the United states is thrown away. Half of all US food produce is thrown away, new research suggests. This is something that I believe based on personal experience. For the last few years we have been able to get lots of free produce.
If you ask, many farmers will let you glean their fields. Sometime the vegetables are not perfect, being deformed, but still taste the same. Late in the season after the main harvest there are often new vegetables and fruit appearing. Because this is a bit sparse, this is often not picked. …Read More...