Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: venison
Overcooked venison is a common problem, and it makes the meat tough. This probably is why a lot of people don’t like venison. This results from two reasons. Many people are scared of wild meat and think it needs to be cooked until well done to avoid food poisoning. This is far from the truth. Most wild meat is safer than store bought. Wild animals eat clean food, breath clean air and can run all they want. They are not trapped in a dirty pen like many of the animals that end up in the stores. I believe your chances of food poisoning due to rare meat are far less with venison that you have field dressed and properly cared for yourself.…Read More...