Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: voltage
The following information is only an approximation, since different brands and models of tools and appliances power usages vary. However the following list is useful in helping you determine the size generator or alternate power system you need.
Remember that every appliance that is plugged in may consume energy even if it is not turned on. For example, TVs, computers, VCRs, and other electronic devices use energy to stay in standby mode. Even your mobile charger for your phone or iPod consumes about 4 watts of electricity per hour.
Electricity is measured in kilowatts.…Read More...