Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- The Simple Way To Make Bug Out Bags on a Budget
Tag Archives: wartime recipes
I was born in England during WW2. As such, I do not remember the war although I have heard many stories about it from my parents and grandparents. Some of the events after the war still stick in my mind, like the fact my mother cried when she first arrived in Canada and saw a full butcher shop. In England, food choices were very limited and many foods were rationed until the early 1950’s. This made for some interesting wartime recipes.
The interesting thing is that even with food in short supply, people were healthier than before or after the war particularly the children. …Read More...