Preparedness Advice Blog
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Whole Foods
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Harbor Freight
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Sally Beauty Supply
- All About Hurricane Florence Survival
- An Off-Grid Laundry Solution: The Lavario Portable Clothes Washer
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Tractor Supply Company
Tag Archives: wartime recipes
I was born in England during WW2. As such, I do not remember the war although I have heard many stories about it from my parents and grandparents. Some of the events after the war still stick in my mind, like the fact my mother cried when she first arrived in Canada and saw a full butcher shop. In England, food choices were very limited and many foods were rationed until the early 1950’s. This made for some interesting wartime recipes.
The interesting thing is that even with food in short supply, people were healthier than before or after the war particularly the children. …Read More...