Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
Tag Archives: wasp spray
Now I have seen all kinds of information on the internet that has been posted about the use of wasp spray for self-defense. The first time I saw it, I questioned it’s use for several reasons, since then I have done additional research on the subject and can find nothing that would convince me it works. Plus, in any self-defense situation, you must know the law as it applies to different scenarios. For that purpose, this book about the law and self-defense is a must have.
- There is no real proof that it works, all the information is just somebody’s story.
I don’t normally write on self-defense, but I have seen a number of internet posts in circulation that suggest using wasp spray for self-defense. This is something I would be very careful of doing for several reasons.
Wasp spray is an insecticide, and U.S. Federal Laws prohibit the use of any pesticide or insecticide “in a manner that is inconsistent with its labeling”. You could face federal criminal charges. Many states prohibit the use of substances for self-protection that are not specifically authorized for that purpose. Now I know the first reaction of many people will be so what, if I am attacked I will use anything I need too, to defend myself. …Read More...