Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: water barrel
I have on several occasions suggested that the 275-gallon IBC totes are a good solution for storing water in a location in which you plan to stay during an emergency. These totes and a reliable way to make sure the water is pure enough to drink could save lives. Several people have asked me how to get the water out of these large totes.
As you may know, the IBC totes have a valve and a spout at the bottom. The valve is plastic, and while it seems to work okay, I wouldn’t trust it for everyday use. However, the spout is threaded with standard 2-inch pipe threads, and this makes it possible to create your own fitting for a faucet.…Read More...