Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: weather prediction
Most of us depend on the news for weather predictions. We have easy access to the weather service. So what happens when it is no longer available and we have to depend on our own knowledge? In reality, there are some simple skills that our ancestors used to predict the weather.
Suppose you are starting to cook breakfast over your open fire and you notice that the smoke is not rising but spreading out at a low altitude. This tells you that you have a temperature inversion. This creates a sandwich effect. Sound, light and radio waves bounce between the top of the cool lower layer of air and the ground. …Read More...