Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: weather prediction
Most of us depend on the news for weather predictions. We have easy access to the weather service. So what happens when it is no longer available and we have to depend on our own knowledge? In reality, there are some simple skills that our ancestors used to predict the weather.
Suppose you are starting to cook breakfast over your open fire and you notice that the smoke is not rising but spreading out at a low altitude. This tells you that you have a temperature inversion. This creates a sandwich effect. Sound, light and radio waves bounce between the top of the cool lower layer of air and the ground. …Read More...