Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: wet pack
Many of us plan to cook with wet pack canned foods after TEOTWAWKI. Our stocks would include canned vegetables, canned fruits and canned meats. Now using these canned foods sounds simple. However, after watching people cook with them and doing a bit off experimenting we have found some differences.
The first thing that most people do with canned vegetables is to pour off fthe juice, often because it tastes salty. In an emergency, you don’t want to throw these calories away.
1. The juice can be used for numerous purposes, including.
- Drinking if you are short of water
- Adding to stews for flavoring
- Soups or broths for flavoring