Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: wet pack
Many of us plan to cook with wet pack canned foods after TEOTWAWKI. Our stocks would include canned vegetables, canned fruits and canned meats. Now using these canned foods sounds simple. However, after watching people cook with them and doing a bit off experimenting we have found some differences.
The first thing that most people do with canned vegetables is to pour off fthe juice, often because it tastes salty. In an emergency, you don’t want to throw these calories away.
1. The juice can be used for numerous purposes, including.
- Drinking if you are short of water
- Adding to stews for flavoring
- Soups or broths for flavoring