Preparedness Advice Blog
- 2 Safety tips for your kids: The sound of gunfire & concealment vs. cover
- Sprouting new garden plants from seeds: tips from an old pro
- How to build a practical, affordable prepper library
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these February bargains
- 9 Must-Haves for your Glove Box
- 4 Simple but Clever Ways to Keep Cooking Oil Fresh Longer
Tag Archives: wicks
When purchasing lamps, get extra chimneys, burners at least 2 or 3 of each and a substantial number of wicks. I found some old wick material in rolls in a surplus store in Nevada. About ten yards to a roll. The wick store http://wickstore.com sells flat cotton rolls, 25 yards long for $9.50 to $14.00 depending on the width.
When using, everyday trim the wicks by rubbing the crust from them with your fingers. Occasionally you may need to use scissors to trim the wicks. …Read More...