Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: Wilderness Survival Tips
Here are some wilderness survival tips that I have learned over the years.
Waterproof Match Containers – if you break wooden strike anywhere matches in half you can store twice as many in your container.
If you have to fish in an emergency, Tampons wrapper make good fishing bobbers. Open the wrapper at one end, take the tampon out, then tie the wrapper closed trapping a bubble of air inside. If it doesn’t float, stuff some of the cotton into the bubble.
Cotton balls impregnated with Vaseline make good fire starters. I store them in 35 mm film cans and carry one with me when in the backcountry. …Read More...