- One, it will never happen.
- Two, the government will take care of us.
- Three, I don’t want to live through it; I would just as soon be dead.
- I don’t want to think about it.
- Sometimes all of the above.
As you can see the sheep run from extreme optimism, it can’t happen here or the government will take care of us (remember Katrina). To extreme pessimism, I don’t want to live through it; to I don’t want to talk about it.
The prepper on the other hand is an optimist and a realist. One he realizes it can happen, second he understands that his actions can determine his fate. The prepper hopes for the best, but plans for the worst. He is the ultimate optimist, he believes that with his training, preps and planning, he can survive almost anything. He looks to a positive future.
Learn all you can, get your preps in order, keep a positive attitude and follow your beliefs.