Preparedness Advice Blog
- Common Sense on Closing Wounds and Lacerations in an Emergency Situation
- Common Sense on Get Home Bags Should be a Work in Progress
- admin on Protecting Electronics with Faraday Cages
- Don Howard on Closing Wounds and Lacerations in an Emergency Situation
- Fran on Protecting Electronics with Faraday Cages
- ke4sky on Closing Wounds and Lacerations in an Emergency Situation
- LindaG on Fish Head Soups and Stews, a Way to Keep from Wasting Food
- LindaG on Flour Weevils in Your Pantry, How to Keep Them Out
- Morgan on Rotating Food and Why You Should Do It.
- admin on Preserving Meat Without the Use of Salt
- edible plants
- Fire prevention
- food storage
- Operational Secrecy
- Preparedness Mom
- preserving foods
- self defense
- Self sufficiency
- Seventy-two hour kits
- water purification
Category Archives: animals
The common garden snail found in the United States, Helix aspersa, is a close relative of France’s commercially harvested Helix pomatia and is quite edible. They are delicious and highly nutritious.
A 3.5 ounce serving of snails provides about …Read More...
Animal trapping has been used to gather food for most of human history. It is just in recent years that it has been banned. I live in California which has strict laws on animal trapping. Leg traps and body …Read More...
In a real emergency, we may have to make do with whatever is available. We will need to learn to use the parts of plants that we currently waste. For example, here is a list of the various things that …Read More...
I know people who have a bug out location (BOL) that they plan to camp in case of a major disaster or economic collapse. Now most of these are in relatively remote areas with wildlife including bears. If you are …Read More...
Since we have been discussing dog bites, and a friend sent me an excellent thought provoking article on rabies, I decided this was a good subject to post on today. As part of this post, I am doing something unusual; …Read More...
Dog-bite danger: After a natural …Read More...
Fleas, these little bloodsucking pests not only are irritating to man and beast alike, but can also cause severe skin problems in both dogs and cats. The adult dog flea is a wingless insect equipped with a set of powerful …Read More...
Every year in our area, we have to build deer proof fences around our family gardens. These have to be a least 6-foot high or the deer will jump them. Our chicken coops have to be well built to protect …Read More...