Some people might want to make a hidden compartment in their car because they don’t want other people to see what they have in their car. Maybe they have a lot of money or something else that they don’t want other people to know about. Whatever the reason, making a hidden compartment in your car can be a good way to keep your things safe and out of sight.
Steps to Create a Concealed Compartment in SUV, Van, or Hatchback
- The first step is to measure the floor of the trunk in your SUV. You will need to know the dimensions so that you can cut the plywood to size.
- Cut the plywood to match the dimensions of the floor in your SUV trunk.
- Cover the plywood with carpet that matches the interior of your SUV. This will help to conceal the plywood and make it look like it belongs in the car.
- Place four legs (or something to raise the board off of the ground) under the plywood. This will create a space under the plywood where you can store things.
- Close the rear door of the SUV. The compartment is now concealed and can be used to store valuables out of sight.
It is a fairly simple idea that decreases the likelihood of your vehicle being burglarized