Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Tag Archives: trash
Every now and then, I am asked what you do with your trash after a major disruption. This last trash day, I was looking at the huge amount of trash that just our street generates and it got me to thinking. So I starting looking and evaluating what’s thrown out compared to what people did in past years.
The truth is we have become a throwaway society, nothing is made to last. Even thing like garden tools are replaced every few years with the latest new fad tool. My father who is almost 93 is still using the same tools that he purchased 40 or 50 years ago and many of them were used at that time. …Read More...
Everyday we throw out many items that can be recycled and used in an emergency. That pill bottle that you toss away can be a waterproof match container. You can build a rocket or a hobo stove from the metal cans you throw away. I have see houses roofed with flattened tin cans used like shingles.
Lint from your drier, sawdust and paper from your shedder can all be used in making fire starters. Broken crayons and old candle stubs can also be used in making homemade fire starters. Newspapers can be rolled up and made into logs for your fireplace or stove.…Read More...