One thing we are all looking for is ways to stretch our money while buying preps. I know my money doesn’t go as far as it used too. The other day I was in the local farm supply store and got to looking at various products including vet supplies.
Now I saw all the typical farm supplies for growing a large garden and raising chickens and other livestock. But then I got to looking at the vet supplies and in just a few minutes, I made a list of a dozen items that could be useful to any prepper.
A dozen vet supplies that are useful to preppers.
- Scalpels, disposable individually wrapped.
- Nitrile gloves
- Syringes, they stocked all sizes, including large sizes for irrigating wounds.
- Bag Balm, which is great for sore hands
- Blood stop powder, To Check Bleeding of Minor Cuts and Wounds
- Disinfectant in gallon jugs
- Blu-Kote, a veterinary antiseptic
- Antibiotics, both injectable and some pills
- Vetwrap Bandaging tapes. They even have a brand that sells camo tape. The tapes are available in several sizes
- Sutures, various sizes and types
- Povidone-Iodine a good antiseptic.
- Bandage dressings, for example gauze sponges 4X4 200 count $7.95.
Now I know that these are veterinary grade and I have no special medical training and I am not going to tell you to use these on a human being. However, I know some old farmers that have been using this stuff on themselves for many years. The vet medical supplies were a lot cheaper than similar products through a medical outlet.
You may also want to do a search under vet supplies on the internet
In addition, I found many other useful items like twenty pound bags of Diatomaceous earth.